Organisation Structure Review
Large Credit Union
Organisation Structure Review. In 2020 we worked with a fast expanding Credit Union which had absorbed three smaller Credit Unions and was at the final stage in a merger with a significant peer organisation.
Our brief was to examine if the existing structure was adequate to support the expanding business and deliver both current and enhanced services to its customer base, while also complying with all regulatory requirements.
We were asked to identify strengths and weakness in the current structure in achieving its strategic and development objectives and also identify changes which would deliver continuous improvement of services.
The key steps taken included:
- Executive Briefing
- Meetings with Key Directors
- Interviews with Senior Management and key employees at Head Office and recently merged entity
- Analysis of roles and responsibilities throughout the expanded organisation
- Review business processes, decision making and IT systems
- Research the formal organisation structures in 12 comparable organisations
- Review of job grading for all staff
- Desk research of current best OD practice
The project commenced in February and was completed in June 2020 despite the arrival of the Covid 19 pandemic in Ireland.
All recommendations were approved by the Board.
A new structure was designed for both the lead entity and the acquired business.
The key recommendations included the creation of three entirely new roles, three restructured internal roles and four re-graded roles.
The implementation of the recommendations is almost completed (Jan. 2021)