- To evaluate how you handle the question in the stressful interview situation
- To see what ‘stress’ means to you – whether you have a high or low tolerance for it
- To flag to you there may be a certain level of stress in the job you are applying for
- To assess whether you have ever faced stress before and how you have constructively dealt with it
- To explore your self-awareness of your stress factors (if any) e.g., being ‘not busy enough’ or ‘underutilized’ in a job may be more stressful to some people than being overloaded with work!
- To explore your stress-resilience and your adapting strategies – to learn how you cope with stress, how you manage it, recover from it, absorb it, organise around it – and still get the job done!
- Every scenario is different and it requires a very careful assessment
- Provide an example (STAR) with a positive outcome of a stressful work-related situation
- Show how you try to manage work proactively in order to prevent a potentially stressful situation arising in the first place:
- plan ahead
- communicate clearly to your Manager about expected difficulties
- ensure back up plans and resources are in place
- communicate these plans to others so that they are ready when required
- However, you need to also show how you deal with a crises when it arises (unexpectedly):
- stand back, stay calm, but remain focused on urgency
- consider context, risks and implications of the critical situation
- first assess priorities yourself, then go to Manager and /or other key stakeholders to agree what actions need to be taken
- see if some work can be re-allocated, pushed out, delegated or re-prioritised
- stay in contact with people involved in the situation and provide updates
- show your efforts and commitment to get the job done successfully
- Finally, describe your personal stress management strategies – how you also ‘let go’ and unwind at home – jogging, gym, cooking, friends, family, etc. (it could be good to present self-care and a healthy work-life balance outlook)
We are currently recruiting Structural ENGINEERS & TECHNICIANS for offices in Dublin & Kilkenny. Our client is a multidisciplinary consulting engineering practice employing 40 staff in Kilkenny & Dublin offices. With over 35 years in business, they...
We are currently looking for a Dental Surgery Assistant to join a successful team in a well-trusted Orthodontics Practice in Limerick city. Dental Surgery Assistant part time position, potentially leading to a full-time role comprehensive training will be provided...
Maintain and Nourish Relationships during Covid Online Interactive Programme for Employees (1hr 15mins)A lot of marriages, partnerships and personal relationships have been challenged by new circumstances arising during the pandemic: Remote working Home...
On behalf of our client, a well-established organisation, which is part of a worldwide business consultancy network, we are looking for a talented and ambitious SALES MANAGER Main responsibility Selling products and solutions into Irish Market Perfect fit excellent...
Tilda - Research Results Great news for Retirees! Recent research from TILDA (The Irish Longitudinal Study on Ageing) tells us that older people in Ireland report high levels of wellbeing – with most feeling younger than their actual age and maintaining a sense of...
Torc in New 'Virtual' Reality In response to the global pandemic situation and in the interest of our clients' safety all Torc Career and Retirement Planning Programmes have been adapted to the new reality and are currently available online. New Forms of Delivery Torc...
Mindfulness Workshop - Offer your Employees a Meaningful Gift at the end of this very difficult year! This 1 hour online Mindfulness Seminar delivered by a Chartered Psychologist can help everyone unwind and maintain positive emotions during this unsettling...
Many companies across Ireland have benefited from and acknowledged effectiveness of Torc's Mindfulness at Work programmes. What is Mindfulness? Mindfulness is a way of paying attention to what is happening in the present moment, without thinking about past or...
Guardian Jobs published a very interesting guide to Employer Branding – a topic which is very relevant to every company. This is the third of a series of short articles based on the Guardian guide. 5 tips for bolstering your employer brand Use insight from...