- obtained and processed fairly
- kept only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
- not used in a manner incompatible with purpose for which it was provided
- protected against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction or unlawful processing
- accurate, complete and, where necessary, kept up to date
- adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose for which the data was collected
- not kept for longer than is necessary
- disclosed to the data subject on request and corrected or destroyed where they so request.
The Acts also provide that a “duty of care” is owed to data subjects, which means that those controlling or processing the data should take care that their activities do not cause damage or distress to the people concerned by, for example, maintaining inaccurate information on our files, or disclosing personal data to someone who is not entitled to this data.
- You may not access any personal data records or databases for your own purposes, or for your friends or family. This is a serious offence.
- If you plan to use personal data for a new business purpose, you must first obtain formal permission from the Data Protection Officer.
- If a third party requests any personal data, you must always validate the identity and authority of the third party to ensure that he or she is entitled to the information and you must ensure that any disclosure is permissible under this policy.
- to implement Data Protection training and awareness for staff ;
- to advise Directors on any relevant Data Protection issues;
- to supervise the application of the Data Protection Acts;
- to review and update the Data Protection Code of Practice / Data Protection Policy as necessary;
- to undertake any necessary coordinated consultation and be the primary contact for all consultation with any other body regarding any new development in Data Protection e.g. any new EU Regulation on Data Protection;
- to be the primary contact for all Data Protection matters with Data Protection Commissioner, including reporting to Data Protection Commissioner on Data Protection breaches;
- to ensure requests for personal data submitted to Torc are processed in a timely manner by the appropriate person;
- to receive complaints and respond if anyone in Torc is not happy with how the Data Protection Code of Practice is being applied;
- to receive complaints and respond if any data subject believes that their request for personal data has not been processed appropriately;
- following a formal evaluation of the request, which approves it as valid, to ensure requests from other organisations for access to personal data in Torc’s possession are processed in a timely manner by the appropriate person.
We are currently recruiting Structural ENGINEERS & TECHNICIANS for offices in Dublin & Kilkenny. Our client is a multidisciplinary consulting engineering practice employing 40 staff in Kilkenny & Dublin offices. With over 35 years in business, they...
We are currently looking for a Dental Surgery Assistant to join a successful team in a well-trusted Orthodontics Practice in Limerick city. Dental Surgery Assistant part time position, potentially leading to a full-time role comprehensive training will be provided...
Maintain and Nourish Relationships during Covid Online Interactive Programme for Employees (1hr 15mins)A lot of marriages, partnerships and personal relationships have been challenged by new circumstances arising during the pandemic: Remote working Home...
On behalf of our client, a well-established organisation, which is part of a worldwide business consultancy network, we are looking for a talented and ambitious SALES MANAGER Main responsibility Selling products and solutions into Irish Market Perfect fit excellent...
Tilda - Research Results Great news for Retirees! Recent research from TILDA (The Irish Longitudinal Study on Ageing) tells us that older people in Ireland report high levels of wellbeing – with most feeling younger than their actual age and maintaining a sense of...
Torc in New 'Virtual' Reality In response to the global pandemic situation and in the interest of our clients' safety all Torc Career and Retirement Planning Programmes have been adapted to the new reality and are currently available online. New Forms of Delivery Torc...
Mindfulness Workshop - Offer your Employees a Meaningful Gift at the end of this very difficult year! This 1 hour online Mindfulness Seminar delivered by a Chartered Psychologist can help everyone unwind and maintain positive emotions during this unsettling...
Many companies across Ireland have benefited from and acknowledged effectiveness of Torc's Mindfulness at Work programmes. What is Mindfulness? Mindfulness is a way of paying attention to what is happening in the present moment, without thinking about past or...
Guardian Jobs published a very interesting guide to Employer Branding – a topic which is very relevant to every company. This is the third of a series of short articles based on the Guardian guide. 5 tips for bolstering your employer brand Use insight from...